Winter LodgingFind a Room!
The Lake George Area is easy to get to by car and a joy to drive through. With beautiful views of mountains and lakes as you travel - no matter which direction you come from, the traveling becomes part of the vacation.
- From the south, Route 87 North (NYS Thruway) to Exit 24 at Albany. At Albany continue north on Route 87 (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 18–26.
- From the north, Route 87 South (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 26–18.
- From the west, Route 90 East (NYS Thruway) Exit 24 to Albany. At Albany continue north on Route 87 (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 18–26.
- From the east, Route 90 West (NYS Thruway) Exit 24 to Albany. At Albany continue north on Route 87 (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 18–26.
The Albany International Airport is 50 miles south of the Lake George Area and serves most major airlines. Car rentals and bus service are available from the airport. Some area lodging properties provide shuttle service from Albany. Local airports in the area serve private charters and small airlines.
- Albany Airport (518-242-2200)
- Rich Air, full-service FBO (518-798-3091)
- Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport, (518-798- 3091) Private planes and charters. Prearranged car rentals are available, area hotels may offer shuttle service.
- A-1 Express (518-793-0888)
- Enterprise (518-745-5020)
- Hertz (518-792-8525)
AMTRAK® (800-872-7245) runs routes from New York City to Montreal with daily stops in Fort Edward, about 20 minutes from the Lake George Area. Car rentals, taxi and Greater Glens Falls Transit System shuttles are available from the station. To schedule a pickup on the GGFT shuttles, please call 518-792-1085, 48 hours prior to arrival.
Additionally, seasonal summer service is available aboard the Saratoga and North Creek Railway (877-726-7245) with multiple connections in the Lake George Area from Saratoga Springs to North Creek. Schedules & ticket information are available online at sncrr.com.
Adirondack Trailways and Greyhound maintain a regular schedule to towns throughout the Lake George Area from destinations across the U.S.
Travel From Canada
For our friends coming from the North - here are two helpful resources.