Many people vacation in the Adirondacks to take in the magnificent environment. Flying down a mountain by zip line, parasailing high above the water, or viewing the landscape from a gondola in the Lake George Area can show you the Adirondacks from a completely new perspective.
If you’ve seen the Lake George Area from the ground you know it’s a beautiful region. The views of the grand mountains and crisp waters are amazing. They’re even more breathtaking from the air.
There are several ways to fly high above Lake George
- If you have the courage, zip line superman style down French Mountain and see the Adirondacks from a new perspective.
- Take a scenic helicopter tour for two and get a bird’s eye view of the lake and the surrounding region.
- Feel the sunshine on your face as you parasail high above the water safely strapped into a harness.
- Kids and parents alike can climb and crawl through the trees at Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course which boasts 1.5 miles high-adrenaline aerial adventure.
- Head to the Adirondack Balloon Festival, an annual gathering of hot air balloons, and watch as dozens of balloons blast off in the early morning light.
- Take in the fall foliage from above the trees on a Gore Mountain gondola ride.
You’ve seen the Adirondack views, now it’s time for a new viewpoint.