Lake George Hiking TrailsFind a Trail
Oh no - you missed it! But don't be blue. The Lake George region hosts plenty of events year-round, and we know you'll find something that sparks your interest. Search our Lake George events and turn that frown upside down.
Check back soon for 2021 details.
The most sticky-sweet event in the Lake George Area is back!
Are you attending Thurman Maple Days? You could win free Thurman maple products in our Instagram contest!
This March, celebrate NYS Maple Weekends in the Lake George Area with Thurman Maple Days and enjoy the sticky-sweet stuff of legendary family vacations. For three full weekends in Spring the largest maple syrup producers in the Lake George Area, as well as neighboring farms, open their sugar shack doors to the public for free to explore the tasty world of maple syrup.
Thurman Maple Days are your family’s chance to discover how your favorite pancake topper is made right from the source! The air is perfumed with the heavenly sweet scent of maple syrup, and producers offer samples of everything from maple candy to maple cream. Celebrate this short-but-special season with free tours of maple sugaring operations, tastings, sugaring demonstrations, and shop the wonderful array of tasty souvenirs to take home.
Our Lake George Area maple producers and tree farmers really turn out for Thurman Maple Days. Sample handmade cheeses, hang out with local llamas, watch a sawmill in action, and get your fill of all things maple. Just follow the arrow signs at nearly every corner around town for tasty treats. Don’t miss this popular free family-friendly event in the Lake George Area!
For more information on what to expect during Thurman Maple Days, check out our blog Another Sweet Spring.
Below is information from 2020, check back for 2021 information.
The Town of Thurman is 20 minutes away from Lake George via the Adirondack Northway (I-87). Take exit 23 to New York State Route 9 to Route 418 and follow the posted signs to see all the sites celebrating spring and maple season in the Southern Adirondack Mountains of New York!
- Valley Road Maple Farm, 190 Valley Road - start here for breakfast
- Hidden Hollow Maple Farm, 312 Dippikill Road
- Toad Hill Maple Farm, 137 Charles Olds Road
- Mud Street Maple, 269 Mud Street, Athol
- Martin's Tree Farm and Sawmill, 280 Valley Road - A certified tree farm showcasing silviculture - the monitoring and science of woodlands and forests. Also offering jewelry, pottery, rustic wooden signs, and more.
- Nettle Meadow Farm and Artisan Cheese and Sanctuary, 484 South Johnsburg Road - Farm tours and sheep/goat cheese tasting
- Peru Llama Farm, 661 High Street - Hang out with the llamas, and if you’re lucky, snag a kiss
- Blackberry Hill Farm, 15 Mud Street - Organic vegetables and poultry. Non-GMO pork.
- Saturday - March 14th
- Sunday - March 15th
- 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- Saturday - March 21st
- Sunday - March 22nd
- 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- Saturday - March 28th
- Sunday - March 29th
- 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Start your day with a pancake breakfast in the new dining hall at Valley Road Maple Farm located at 190 Valley Road in Thurman. They will be serving pancakes with pure Thurman maple syrup and maple sausages from Oscar's Adirondack Smokehouse from morning to afternoon. Gluten-free pancakes are on the menu!
- Served each day of Maple Days, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Valley Road Maple Farm - 190 Valley Road
- Pancakes, pure local maple syrup, and maple sausages from Oscar’s Smokehouse will be served.
Traditional Maple Jack Wax Party
On Saturday, March 14, plan to stay for dinner! A feast will be served at the Thurman town hall, starting at 3:00pm, with all proceeds benefiting the American Cancer Society. This annual maple sugar party is a highlight of our maple weekends and offers gift basket raffles, live music and more.
Looking for a place to stay? We have tons of Lake George hotels to choose from.