Discover Lake Luzerne, Stony Creek, and Warrensburg on this scenic drive!
Follow the directions below for a beautiful scenic drive. You'll see Lake Vanare, Fourth Lake, Lake Luzerne, the Hudson River, and mountain views along the way:
- Take I-87 Exit 21 and drive south for 11 miles on NY-9N to Lake Luzerne. Enjoy Lake Vanare, Fourth Lake and Lake Luzerne on the way.
- Take the first right after Lake Luzerne High School onto Mill Street, then a left onto Main Street, then a right onto Bridge Street. Stop at parking area for a view of Rockwell Falls, then cross the bridge into Hadley.
- After 1/4 mile, turn right on Stony Creek Road. Drive for approximately 10 miles to Stony Creek, with views of the Hudson River and surrounding mountains on the way.
- In Stony Creek, turn right onto Warrensburg Road for a 12-mile trip to Warrensburg with more river views.
- At Thurman Station, continue on NY-418 to Warrensburg.
- Turn right on NY-9 for I-87, or turn left for the Lake George-Chestertown route.
- Another option: Before Thurman Station, turn left on Athol Road. From Athol, take Mountain Road and Valley Road to Garnet Lake Road South for access to Crane Mountain and Garnet Lake.
Drive time: 1 hour 1-way plus stops.