Lake George Winter CarnivalCheck it out
Experience the spookiest locations in the Lake George Area!
The Haunted History Trail of New York State offers ghost hunts, guided tours, and ghostly getaways across the state. The Lake George Area is home to four mysterious locations and one guided tour company that can help you find some ghastly.
Haunted locations in the Lake George Area:
- The Sagamore Resort - This stunning seasonal resort in Bolton Landing boasts eight locations where people have had paranormal experiences. Hear stories about Lillian in the main hotel lobby waiting for her friends, Walter with the walrus mustache riding one of the main elevators, and a little boy from the 1950s who met a tragic demise on the famous Sagamore Golf Course.
- Fort William Henry Museum - The fort was the site of several bloody battles and a devastating massacre of the French and British by Native Americans. It is said that many who died in and around Fort William Henry haunt the location to this day.
- Barkeater Chocolate - A tragic accident destroyed the family that used to live in this building. Employees at Barkeater Chocolates report banging sounds, inexplicable footsteps, and more.
- Lake George Mystery Spot - Stand in the center of this bizarre spot in Lake George Village and speak out loud. Does your voice come back louder than when it left?
- North Country Tours - A tour company offering guided bus and walking tours of some of the haunted locations in the Lake George Area. They specialize in guided tours of local cemeteries, battlefields and historic sites throughout the year.