Gore Mountain is the largest ski center in the Lake George Area! For over 8 decades, generations of skiing enthusiasts have returned each season and become like family.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Ticket sales at Gore Mountain are limited to ensure guest safety. Please check the Gore website for updates.
IMPORTANT Safety Protocols:
The most important thing to know before heading out this year will be to check the website of the ski area you want to visit well in advance, as specific COVID-19 policies can range depending on the mountain. It's advised that you reserve your lift tickets in advance or check with the mountain directly for their ticket purchasing policy. Midweek skiing is always a good consideration to avoid the weekend crowds.
Gore is a family-friendly mountain located in the heart of the beautiful Adirondack Mountains of New York. There's a ton of terrain to ski at Gore, offering over 2500' vertical feet, 122 snowy trails scattered over four different peaks. Gore Mountain has the 6th greatest vertical drop in the east, boasting the most skiable terrain in New York State - 439 acres. Gore has 14 lifts: an eight-passenger Northwoods Gondola and 2 High-Speed Quads, 4 Quads, 3 Triples, and 4 Surface Lifts. There is 97% snowmaking coverage which means each run - each turn and each day is great with 110 Alpine Trails including 28 Glades and 7 Freestyle areas and 12 Cross-Country/Snowshoe loops.
Hit up the Burnt Ridge section of the mountain or the Top Ridge Triple Chair to ski or ride gliding cruisers. Take the Straight Brook Quad to the top of Gore for a full medley of gnarly steeps and peaceful glade runs. Be brave and send it in our seven different freestyle areas. Remember to start small, wear a helmet, and always check your landings before liftoff! Our Trail Map has been redesigned to highlight the varied and multi-mountain Gore experience.
Several on-mountain dining options keep you fueled during a busy day on the slopes. Grab breakfast or lunch at the Base Lodge Food Court or choose something from the Open Pit Grille and sit on the picnic tables outside. For a full-service dining head to the Tannery Pub & Restaurant. For a mid-mountain snack, stop by the Saddle Lodge at the top of the Adirondack Express quad. At Gore's true summit skiers and riders can pop into the old Gondola unloading station to warm up or use the restroom.
For even more winter fun, head to the North Creek Ski Bowl. Snowbirds can explore the Nordic network - cross-country ski and snowshoe trails - only two of the eleven trails require natural snow. The network features four easier trails and seven more difficult trails. At the Ski Bowl you can watch professional events, grab some air in the halfpipe, and more!
Exciting recent improvements at Gore Mountain
- Two new lifts in 2020 - the Sunway & High Peaks double chairs were both replaced with new quads that deliver skiers further up the mountain.
- Increased snowmaking capacity - newly expanded reservoir and continuous updates to modernize our snowmaking infrastructure with the latest technologies.
- Terrain modifications - “Pete’s Paradise” offers an additional beginner option for family-friendly adventures and another place in Gore’s improved learning area for novices to practice.
- RFID ticketing - new direct-to-lift access gates were installed in 2019, all lift access is now issued on reloadable SKI3 Cards.
- Competition-Level Cross Course - a prime jump line and new earthen features beneath the gondola line means serious action on event days, and all-around extra fun and big air on every snow day.
- Recent renovations to all four lodges - and a new warming hut on Burnt Ridge.
- ChargePoint electric car charging stations - installed in Lot C.
Gore Mountain is open all year long!
Visit the mountain during the summer and fall seasons and take a scenic skyride. Gore also has hiking, disc golf course, and mountain biking trails. Stop at Open Pit Grille for some food, drinks, and snacks!
After your day on the mountain head down to the town of North Creek, which is chock full of lodging, shopping, and dining opportunities to turn your ski day into an all-out Adirondack vacation!