Lake George Winter CarnivalCheck it out
Where is the Town of Queensbury, NY
The Town of Queensbury, NY is located in Warren County in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, only a short 12 minute drive to the Village of Lake George, and is often referred to as the “Gateway to the Adirondack Region.”
Top Attractions & Events in Queensbury
- Six Flags Great Escape & Hurricane Harbor - This huge amusement park offers entertainment for everyone from young children to adults and also hosts a variety of annual events such as the 4th of July Fest, Oktoberfest, and Fright Fest.
- Adirondack Balloon Festival - Held 3 days each September at the Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport, this amazing hot air balloon event draws thousands of spectators annually.
- Aviation Mall - A full shopping mall with a large selection of national retailers and Regal 9 cinema with king-sized recliners.
Get Outdoors in Queensbury
- Warren County Cycling Challenge - 24 beautiful off-road and on-road rides. If you can complete any 8, you will recieve a finishers certificate and window decal!
- Glen Lake - This small body of water is perfect for canoeing, kayaking, or fishing. You can even make your way over to the Docksider Restaurant and enjoy a waterfront meal overlooking the lake.
- Gurney Lane Mountain Bike Park - With over 13 miles of varying difficulty mountain bike trails traversing 152 acres, this trail system has been ranked #1 in New York State by Singletracks.
- West Mountain - Offering skiing, tubing, lessons, alpine and Freeski and Ride teams, awesome terrain parks, a delicious restaurant and bar, and more! From easy, gentle slopes to challenging terrain.
Highest Rated Restaurants in Queensbury
- Aviator Restaurant - Traditional Adirondack flavors with seasonal and local ingredients. Gluten free and vegan choices available.
- Silo Restaurant - All day breakfast and amazing lunches. Make sure to try the homemade cider donuts!
- Jack's American Bistro - Big city dining at the fraction of a cost. Farm fresh selections and a fine selection of wines.
- La Cosina Mexicana - Authentic Mexican cuisine. Serving lunch and dinner.
- Heidelberg Inn - German and American classic meals including bratwurst, Rueben's, burgers, schnitzel, and spaetzle.
Tourists are drawn to Queensbury for its natural beauty in addition to an exceptional selection of events, attractions and recreational opportunities — from amusement parks and historic landmarks to several lakes, rivers, and mountains. Also located in the town is Adirondack Community College, a fully accredited college which is part of the State University of New York.