Adirondack Nationals Car ShowVroom!
We're working in partnership with SUNY Adirondack to offer internship opportunities to students enrolled for the Fall 2017 semester. Internships fit well with coursework focused on travel & tourism, business, marketing, journalism and photography. Read on for the full internship description.
To submit a resume or gather more information, contact Erin Coon, Assistant Tourism Coordinator at (518) 761-6366 or email@example.com.
This internship position is open to Fall 2017 SUNY Adirondack students. The position is unpaid, part-time and temporary as arranged with the intern and SUNY Adirondack. Duties vary based on the needs of the department and the student’s interests.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative only)
- Answer telephone and give out routine information
- Update and generate content for department social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with article generation for website
- Perform website and database updates as directed
- Organize and generate a photographic database as needed
- Perform fieldwork as directed
- Serve as receptionist and greet clients and/or visitors
- Prepare correspondence, documents, records and other written material
- Proofread and correct work producing accurate, clean and complete copy
- Represent the county, maintaining a positive and professional image at community events, in the field and at all times.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Working knowledge of modern office terminology, procedures, equipment and English
- Ability to operate a computer and utilize common office software programs
- Ability to perform close, detailed work involving visual effort and concentration
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of or interest in local tourism industry
- Knowledge of or interest in photography
- Knowledge of or interest in journalism
- Current student at SUNY Adirondack
- Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma
- College level work toward a degree in Travel & Tourism, Marketing, Business, Government or a related field
- Two years of work experience in a supervised setting.
NOTE: Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License at time of appointment