We're working in partnership with SUNY Adirondack to offer internship opportunities to students enrolled for the Fall 2017 semester. Internships fit well with coursework focused on travel & tourism, business, marketing, journalism and photography. Read on for the full internship description.
To submit a resume or gather more information, contact Erin Coon, Assistant Tourism Coordinator at (518) 761-6366 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This internship position is open to Fall 2017 SUNY Adirondack students. The position is unpaid, part-time and temporary as arranged with the intern and SUNY Adirondack. Duties vary based on the needs of the department and the student’s interests.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative only)
- Answer telephone and give out routine information
- Update and generate content for department social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with article generation for website
- Perform website and database updates as directed
- Organize and generate a photographic database as needed
- Perform fieldwork as directed
- Serve as receptionist and greet clients and/or visitors
- Prepare correspondence, documents, records and other written material
- Proofread and correct work producing accurate, clean and complete copy
- Represent the county, maintaining a positive and professional image at community events, in the field and at all times.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Working knowledge of modern office terminology, procedures, equipment and English
- Ability to operate a computer and utilize common office software programs
- Ability to perform close, detailed work involving visual effort and concentration
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of or interest in local tourism industry
- Knowledge of or interest in photography
- Knowledge of or interest in journalism
- Current student at SUNY Adirondack
- Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma
- College level work toward a degree in Travel & Tourism, Marketing, Business, Government or a related field
- Two years of work experience in a supervised setting.
NOTE: Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License at time of appointment