Oh no - you missed it! But don't be blue. The Lake George region hosts plenty of events year-round, and we know you'll find something that sparks your interest. Search our Lake George events and turn that frown upside down.
Swim, bike, and run on the shores of beautiful Lake George! Are you up for the challenge?
COVID-19 Protocols are listed here.
The Lake George Triathlon Festival is a fun and competitive weekend on the shores of Lake George. Competitors can compete in the Alpha Sprint, the Alpha Olympic, the Alpha 70.3, and the Alpha 140.6.
The races begin on Saturday morning at 7 am. sharp with the Full and Half wave start (Alpha 70.3 and Alpha 140.6) at Dog Beach. The Alpha 70.3 is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run. The Alpha 140.6 is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. Awards for Half distance will be presented at 2 pm, and Full distance awards will be presented at 10 pm. Athletes have to attend the Awards Ceremony in order to receive their award.
*It is highly recommended that Half and Full athletes pick up their packets on Friday starting at 2 pm.
The races continue Sunday morning, with the Alpha Sprint kicking off at 7 am. This is a 750 meter swim, 12.4 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. Awards for this race will be handed out at 9:15 am. The final race, the Alpha Olympic, will start at 7:40 am! This is a 1,500 meter swim, 24.8 mile bike, and a 6.2 mile run. Awards will be distributed at 12 pm.
Online registration will close on September 1st. Below is the schedule for 2021.
Athletes MUST be present at their Awards Ceremony to receive an award. Unclaimed awards may be shipped if request is made within two weeks after the event. Athlete is responsible for a $10 shipping and handling fee.
- 2 - 6 pm - Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for all distances
- 2 - 6 pm - Alpha Win Fitness Expo
- 3 - 4 pm - Athlete Meeting for Half and Full distance athletes
- 5 – 6:30 am: Additional Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for Half and Full athletes
- 5 – 6:30 am: Bike and Gear Drop-Off for Half and Full distance athletes
- 6 am – 4 pm: Alpha Win Fitness Expo
- 6:50 am: Half Distance athletes prerace meeting on beach
- 7 am: Half male wave start
- 7:03 am: Half female will start
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm: Half distance athletes and volunteer lunch
- 2 pm: Half Distance Awards
- 2 – 6 pm: Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for Sprint, Olympic and Open distance athletes
- 5 – 6:30 am: Additional Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for Sprint and Olympic athletes
- 5 – 6:30 am: Bike and Gear Drop-Off for Sprint and Olympic athletes
- 6 am – 2 pm: Alpha Win Fitness Expo
- 6:50 am: Sprint athlete prerace meeting on beach
- 7:00 am: Transition area closed to all Olympic athletes
- 7 am: Sprint Male wave start
- 7:03 am: Sprint Female wave start
- 7:40 am: NECTC Olympic Male wave start
- 7:43 am: NECTC Olympic Female wave start
- 7:46 am: Olympic Male wave start
- 7:49 am: Olympic Female wave start
- 9:15 am: Sprint distance Awards Ceremony
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm: Sprint and Olympic distance athletes and Volunteers lunch
- 12:00 pm: Olympic distance Awards Ceremony