It's the 2nd Annual Lake George Area Winterfest!
New for this year, the event will take place on select dates from December 27-March 11. When you select an activity for your wristband, you will be given a selection of dates to choose from.
If you have any questions or feedback, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event features exciting outdoor winter events all while you dine and relax in the Lake George Area! It's easy to get started, just pick the Winterfest Wristband with the activity you'd like to try (There are wristbands for adults and kids) choose the day/time that best suits your schedule, and you'll be mailed a wristband and ticket for the activity. Wristbands must be picked up at the Holiday Inn Resort.
Lake George Area Winterfest Wristbands: (You can find all of the wristbands here)
- Adirondack Sleigh Rides - Enjoy an afternoon ride through a winter wonderland of snowy forests and fields. With sleigh bells ringing and wool blankets keeping you warm, you’ll travel to a gorgeous ridge with a view of the high peaks, followed by a stop offering hot chocolate and s'mores over an open fire!
- Dog Sled Ride - Sit on a sled, cover yourself with flannel blankets, and get ready to take in the snow-covered Adirondacks vistas.
- Snowmobile Tour - Snowmobile tours are offered by C+C Snowmobile Tours based out of Chestertown, NY. They are highly regarded and offer experiences for novices and experts.
- Tubing Package - The tubing park at West Mountain has four-six upper lanes and six-eight lower lanes all accessible by the moving magic carpet ride. Simply hop on with your tube and let the moving magic carpet take you uphill to the starting point. Friday nights under the lights, or midweek during the day.
- Axe Throwing - Your one hour axe throwing experience is offered by Adirondack Axe located in Aviation Mall.
- Cross Country Skiing Package - Your afternoon rental package takes place at the beautiful Garnet Hill Lodge's Outdoor Center in North River. This is a half-day package. The trail system ticket is included, and is large and groomed.
- Snowshoeing Adventure - This experience takes place at Garnet Hill Lodge's Outdoor Center in North River. It’s a fun and enjoyable walk through their large and groomed snowy trail system. This is an afternoon package and includes all the snowshoe equipment you’ll need (snowshoes and poles).
- Alpine Skiing - Bring your skis (or snowboard!) to enjoy a 4-hour lift ticket at West Mountain! Rentals are available at an additional cost.
- No Additional Activity (Described below)
The No Additional Activity wristband, that is available here, includes the following benefits (Wristbands WITH activities also receive these benefits):
- Horse Drawn Carriages - at no additional cost you can flash your wristband and hop in for a ride around Lake George, Saturdays 12:00pm - 6:00pm.
- Hot Chocolate Stations - Many local businesses will hand you a cup of hot chocolate when you flash your wristband!
- Big Hotel Discounts - The wristband will give you 15% off hotel rooms rooms at many hotels in the Lake George Area.
- Great Restaurant Discounts - Many local restaurants will offer a 10% discount to wristband holders. Just look out for the Winterfest logo in the window!
Don't have a wristband? No worries! There's a lot more happening in the Lake George Area:
- Ice Castles - An awe-inspiring, must-see winter phenomenon that brings fairytales to life. The experience is built entirely by hand using hundreds of thousands of icicles, grown, sculpted, and hand-placed by professional ice artists (Tickets go on sale in January!)
- Lake George Winter Carnival - It's the 60th year! Every Saturday and Sunday in February, winter enthusiasts flock to Lake George Village to watch, support, and participate in the cook-offs, races, tournaments, games and other activities on the ice and around the village.
- The Great 8 Fireworks - January 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th. At 7pm grab spot in Lake George Village to watch the fireworks explode overhead! (They will not go off over the lake) The best viewing area will be on the sidewalks throughout the village. Wear Masks & Stay Socially Distant. (Otherwise, we won’t be allowed to continue the shows)
- Painting with Patrice - This is a two hour guided painting class that will be held on Thursday evenings (In January and February) at the Holiday Inn Resort. Each participant will paint on an 8 x 10 inch canvas using acrylic paints. No experience is necessary! This is open to everyone. All materials will be included in the $20 per person fee. Masks are required, and it is limited to 10 people per class so make sure to reserve your spot ahead of time! To reserve you can call: 518-696-3399
For the map of Winterfest activities, click here!