It's the first ever Lake George Area Winterfest!
This new event will take place all four weekends in February. It will consist of socially-distanced safe outdoor events like cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, winter fat tire mountain biking, axe throwing and more! All while you dine and relax in the Lake George Area.
You can purchase your wristband online here. There are wristbands for adults (16 & up) and kids. After purchasing a wristband, you'll be offered one of the activities as a choice with no additional charge. You can choose the day/time that best suits your schedule, and you'll be mailed a wristband and ticket for the activity.
More benefits from purchasing a wristband:
- Horse Drawn Carriages - at no additional cost you can flash your wristband and hop in for a ride around Lake George, Saturdays 2:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Hot Chocolate Stations - Many local restaurants will hand you a cup of hot chocolate when you flash wristband!
- Big Hotel Discounts - The wristband will give you 15% off hotel rooms rooms at many hotels in the Lake George Area.
- Great Restaurant Discounts - Many local restaurants will offer a 10% discount to wristband holders. Just look out for the Winterfest logo in the window!
Don't have a wristband? No worries! These events are open to anyone:
- Lakeside Ice Skating Rink - a new public ice skating rink in Lake George, right next to Shepard Park. Don't forget your skates!
- Ice Fishing Challenge - For the month of February, anglers are invited to share their ice-fishing catch on Instagram! The first 100 anglers to do so will receive a free Ice Fishing Challenge t-shirt. The rules are:
- Fish must be caught in Warren County
- Fish must be caught between February 1-28, 2021
- Must post picture of angler + catch on Instagram and hashtag #mylgarea and tag @lakegeorgearea
- If you do not have an Instagram account, please send your picture to WarrenCountyIceFishingChallenge@gmail.com
- Instagram profile must be public
- First 100 posts receive a free t-shirt
- Enter as many photos as you’d like, but only one t-shirt will be given per person
- Shirts are awarded to photographers in the order in which they are received.
- Natural Stone Bridge & Caves Winter Experience - Witness a magnificent transformation of landscape as ice flows form ever changing sculptures beneath the Stone Bridge and along the river. Snowshoe through the woods and return to toast marshmallows by the bonfire! Disc golfers can even play our beginner’s course in winter, if they’re hardy enough!
- Guided Mountain Hikes - The Lake George Area is beautiful in winter, and one of the best ways to see it is on a hike! If you need help planning a winter hike, let Hike with Jackson be your guide!
- Scenic Snowshoeing Trail System - Bolton Landing snowshoe and hiking trails are open at Up Yonda! Snowshoe rentals are available. Day use fee is $5 per vehicle and must be paid either through the mail slot in the gray entrance booth, or online.
- Painting with Patrice - This is a two hour guided painting class that will be held every Sunday in February, from 1:00pm - 3:00pm, at the Holiday Inn Resort. Each participant will paint on an 8 x 10 inch canvas using acrylic paints. No experience is necessary! This is open to everyone. All materials will be included in the $20 per person fee. Masks are required, and it is limited to 10 people per class so make sure to reserve your spot ahead of time! To reserve you can call: 518-696-3399
- Fascinating Art at the Widlund Gallery - Inside Tannery Pond Community Center , on Main Street in North Creek, you'll find exhibits featuring accomplished and emerging artists from the Gore Region and beyond!
For the map of Winterfest activities, click here!