Oh no - you missed it! But don't be blue. The Lake George region hosts plenty of events year-round, and we know you'll find something that sparks your interest. Search our Lake George events and turn that frown upside down.
We hope to see you in 2022!
Relax the body, renew the mind, and refresh the spirit at Girlfriends Getaway!
Girlfriends Getaway is an empowering weekend of classes, speakers, and more at the beautiful Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing. Join a fun and exciting group of women to learn and grow throughout the weekend.
Women will discover a wide variety of topics and activities to dive into at Girlfriends Getaway. Angela Beddoe, President and CEO of Beddoe Publishing, will be the Keynote Speaker. You'll hear from several other speakers like: Andrea Maranville (From The Great American Baking Show), Kelly O'Neil-Teer (Owner of Serendipity Boutique), Spirit Medium Pauline, Psychology Coach Herman Johnson, Nicole McGrath & Noelle Steves (Co-Owners ONE Fitness and Wellness), and many more! Fitness classes include LaBlast Fitness, Les Mills BODYFLOW, Pound Fitness with a Seated Option, and Zumba.
A three-course lunch on Saturday features an upbeat fashion show and local MC Bobby Dick to entertain while you eat. After the days seminars and talks, head into the town of Bolton Landing for shopping and dining specials from participating restaurants and shops.
Tickets can be found here!
Below is the schedule for 2021!
- 3:45pm - Registration at The Sagamore Resort - Main Hotel - Lower Level
- 4:00pm - "Let's Talk About..." - Shawnee Black is an Intuitive Counselor, Writer, and Wellness Consultant who works with clients across the globe. When she is not talking with people about their career goals, she loves talking about their love lives. Tonight’s presentation, “Let’s Talk About…” will be informative and entertaining, with time for questions. Come one and come all, single ladies, married ladies, and every chick in between.
- 4:30pm - Keynote Speaker - Angela Beddoe - President and CEO of Beddoe Publishing and is publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Herlife Magazine-New York; the premier lifestyle magazine in the Capital Region with a mission of keeping women connected. Herlife Magazine has been published locally for the past ten years and is a
vehicle which empowers women of all ages.
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm - Welcome Reception/ Dance Party - fashion demos, entertainment, complimentary appetizers, and cash bar. Entertainment with DJ Bobby Dick and Susie Q. You may receive a spiritual/intuitive message during the reception - so be open to receiving and keep an eye open for Joan Scannell for a complimentary mini-tarot reading.
- 8:00am - Registration continues at Conference Center - Coffee and pastries will be served (while they last) at The Sagamore Resort
- 8:30am - 9:15am - (Attend One)
- Defeating the Fear Monster - No matter how successful you are or how far you have come, there is always something you are afraid of. For some of us it is fear of rejection, of not being good enough. For others it may be not having financial security, or a devastating illness. Fear holds us back from happiness and empowerment. Whatever you fear, you can conquer it. In this workshop, we will work together to create an image or creature that best represents what your fear is and then you will be guided how to transform it into love and acceptance.
- The Future Favors the Bold - Beautycounter Consultant Liz Burtch will help you gain: a better understanding of the harmful chemicals that are part of our everyday lives, how the beauty and retail industry is shifting toward change, how we can be better stewards of the earth through sustainable practices like responsible sourcing of raw materials, better packaging, and advocacy.
- LaBlast Fitness - When fitness meets ballroom dancing, the fun begins. Welcome to LaBlast, the interval-based dance fitness class that blends an amazingly effective workout with an incomparable mind-body-soul experience. Our musical playlist (Prepared especially for the Girlfriends!) will inspire you to move through the decades and genres of your favorite songs. For ALL levels!
- 9:45am - 10:30am - (Attend One)
- Conquer Wardrobe Boredom - See how shoes, bags, jewelry, and hair accessories can transform your current wardrobe. By using just a few key items that you probably have in your closet you can easily turn your day-to-day outfits into a brand new look!
- Crystalline Chakra Balancing - This workshop will provide a framework for working with the energetic chakra system, spiritual aromatherapy and learning new ways to evolve.
- Zumba/Zumba Toning Combo - This class is for everyone and every body type. These dance fitness formats combine high and low-intensity, interval calorie burning into a Dance Party.
- 11:00am - 11:45am (Attend One)
- Soulful Writing - Everyone has a story inside them. In this course, Katrina Clay will use the art of writing to call in the tale you were meant to align with for creating a soulful life. Don't forget to bring a pen and paper.
- Pound Fitness with a Seated Option - Instead of listening to music, you become the music in this exhilarating full-body POUND® workout that combines cardio, conditioning and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements. Using Ripstix® - lightly weighted drumsticks - POUND® transforms drumming into an incredibly fun and effective work-out. This class is designed for everyone. You will be given the option to stand on a mat, sit in a chair or alternate between standing and chair-work -- whatever works best for you.
- Bra Boot Camp 101 - Get fitted and fabulous with THE BRA EXPERT herself! Bestselling author of the Bra Book, as seen on Dr. Oz and the Today Show, QVC personality and creator of The GemBra Jené Luciani Sena is back to solve all your burning bra-blems. Don’t leave this girlfriend’s getaway without giving your own girls a boost!
- 11;45am - 1:45pm - Three-Course Lunch - Fashion Show with MC Bobby Dick, featuring the latest styles of the season from local shops and boutiques. Special Guest Speaker, Andrea Maranville, one of the top 3 finalists on The Great American Baking Show - Holiday Edition.
- 2:00pm - 2:45pm - (Attend One)
- Essential Oil Chat - Bring your questions and our panel of experienced doTERRA Wellness Advocates will answer them. Any level of experience is welcome to join us. Throughout the talk you will have the opportunity to sample a variety of essential oils. Wauneata Waller and Deborah Haber
Meditation - Open Your Chakra's - Join Pauline for a guided meditation to open your Chakra’s with a special look into your Third Eye. Take a trip with your higher self and see what you have to say. When the meditation has ended there will be a question and answer segment to discuss some of your journeys.... through your Third Eye.
- Introduction Country Line Dancing - Come and try some simple popular Country Line Dances done all around this area! Country line dancing is great fun for all ages and all levels! Line dances are just repeating patterns, and we will do some easy ones to some popular upbeat songs to get you started!
- 3:00pm - 3:45pm - (Attend One)
- Remembering You - This will be a guided imagery into the past and deleting negative emotions, feelings, and thoughts while remembering and bring to the forefront all your positive, happy and emotionally uplifting memories. You'll feel like a weight, a burden has been lifted off your shoulders and you can carry this same relaxed feeling home with you.
- Les Mills BODYFLOW - Les Mills BODYFLOW™ combines Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates to build flexibility & strength, and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to beautiful music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance. Most people participate in this class barefoot or with yoga socks, but sneakers are welcome, if you wish. You are welcome to bring a mat for any floor work. We also offer chair options, for those who do not wish to get down to the floor for this class.
- Psychometry - is a great way to begin developing your intuitive self, it involves holding an object of someone who has passed. We are all made of energy and when we leave our physical bodies, our energy remains on the objects we leave behind. When holding the object in your hands, you may begin to sense emotions, sounds, smells, taste, and even images. Bring an object with you and you may be picked for a psychometry reading.
- 3:45pm - Visit participating shops and restaurants, in Bolton Landing, for specials!
- 9:00pm - Bonfire s'mores on the Mountainview Lawn behind the Conference Center. This is open to all hotel guests, not exclusive to Girlfriends Weekend.
- 10:30am - 12:00pm - Spirit of the Drum - The Experience - A drumming event that introduces you to the wonderful benefits of hand drumming. Today's technology has proven that drumming actually helps our immune system and reduces stress. Each experience may be different. For some it is a very healing experience. For others it is spiritually uplifting, therapeutic or just plain fun. It is said the drum knows your thoughts your feelings. It can make you laugh, make you cry or make you dance. This session will be held at Bolton Landing Community Center at Conservation Park.
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm - Cruise the lake aboard The Morgan at The Sagamore - ($25 fee for non hotel guests) please arrive 15 minutes early and you must reserve space ahead of time.