Winter LodgingFind a Room!
Watch films on the big screens in downtown Glens Falls at the Adirondack Film Festival!
The Adirondack Film Festival offers four days of high-quality, professional films in downtown Glens Falls. The selection of films includes something for everyone, including dramas, documentaries, comedies, family films, web series, and shorts. These films convey a wide range of human emotions, with themes that are heavy, hilarious, dark, uplifting, and more. Over 100 films will be screened over the course of one long weekend!
Everyone loves watching a brand new film, and that's what the Adirondack Film Festival offers. Film aficionados can watch flicks at and walk between five separate locations in beautiful downtown Glens Falls - The Charles R. Wood Theater, Crandall Public Library, The Park Theater, the Queensbury Hotel, and the Hyde Collection Art Museum.
The Adirondack Film Festival hosts a variety of films and activities for both the film-obsessed adult as well as casual families. There will be panel discussions, opening and closing parties, the Adirondack Film School, and a free family series.
The 2019 schedule is being planned, please check back for updates.
Below is the schedule of headlining films in 2018. This will give you an idea of the sorts of films to be screened in 2019.
- BLAZE - "BLAZE is inspired by the life of Blaze Foley, the unsung songwriting legend of the Texas outlaw music movement that spawned the likes of Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson. The film weaves together three different periods of time, braiding re-imagined versions of Blaze’s past, present and future."
- Science Fair - " Science Fair follows nine high school students from around the globe as they navigate rivalries, setbacks and, of course, hormones, on their journey to compete at The International Science and Engineering Fair."
- Radium Girls - "In the 1920s a group of factory workers advocate for safer work conditions after some of their colleagues become ill from radium exposure."
- Anna and the Apocalypse - "A zombie apocalypse threatens the sleepy town of Little Haven – at Christmas – forcing Anna and her friends to fight, slash and sing their way to survival, facing the undead in a desperate race to reach their loved ones. But they soon discover that no one is safe in this new world."
- Mrs. Hyde - "Mrs. Géquil is a teacher despised by her colleagues and students. On a stormy night, she is struck by lightning and faints. When she wakes up, she feels different. Will she be able to keep the powerful and dangerous Mrs. Hyde contained?"
- The Song of Sway Lake - "Music collector Ollie Sway recruits his only friend, a rowdy Russian drifter, to help him steal a 78 record from his own family’s estate."
- Three Identical Strangers - "In 1980 New York, three young men who were all adopted meet each other and find out they’re triplets who were separated at birth. Then they discover why."
Thanks to the Adirondack Film Festival for film descriptions.