Thurman Maple Days
March 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The most sticky-sweet event in the Lake George Area is back!
This March, celebrate NYS Maple Weekends in the Lake George Area with Thurman Maple Days and enjoy the sticky-sweet stuff of legendary family vacations. For three full weekends in Spring the largest maple syrup producers in the Lake George Area, as well as neighboring farms, open their sugar shack doors to the public for free to explore the tasty world of maple syrup.
Thurman Maple Days are your family’s chance to discover how your favorite pancake topper is made right from the source! The air is perfumed with the heavenly sweet scent of maple syrup, and producers offer samples of everything from maple candy to maple cream. Celebrate this short-but-special season with free tours of maple sugaring operations, tastings, sugaring demonstrations, and shop the wonderful array of tasty souvenirs to take home.
Our Lake George Area maple producers and tree farmers really turn out for Thurman Maple Days. Sample handmade cheeses, hang out with local llamas, watch a sawmill in action, and get your fill of all things maple. Just follow the arrow signs at nearly every corner around town for tasty treats. Don’t miss this popular free family-friendly event in the Lake George Area!
For more information on what to expect during Thurman Maple Days, check out our blog Another Sweet Spring.
Please note: We love animals, which is why we request that you not bring pets to Thurman Maple Days, for their safety and the safety of other guests and the farm animals.
The Town of Thurman is 20 minutes away from Lake George via the Adirondack Northway (I-87). Take exit 23 to New York State Route 9 to Route 418 and follow the posted signs to see all the sites celebrating spring and maple season in the Southern Adirondack Mountains of New York!
This year pancakes will be served at Valley Road Maple Farm, 9am-1pm every Saturday and Sunday during Thurman Maple Days.
- Valley Road Maple Farm, 190 Valley Road – 9am-4pm
- Hidden Hollow Maple Farm, 312 Dippikill Road – 10am-4pm
- Toad Hill Maple Farm, 137 Charles Olds Road – 10am-4pm
- Mud Street Maple, 269 Mud Street, Athol – 10am-4pm
- Candy Mountain Maple – (NEW!) – Corner of Mountain Road and Don Potter Road – 10am – 4pm
More Participating Locations:
- Martin’s Lumber & Artisans, 280 Valley Road – A certified tree farm showcasing silviculture – the monitoring and science of woodlands and forests. Also offering jewelry, pottery, rustic wooden signs, and more. – 10am-4pm
- Nettle Meadow Farm and Artisan Cheese and Sanctuary, 484 South Johnsburg Road – Farm tours and sheep/goat cheese tasting – 10am-4pm
- Thurman Town Hall (Saturdays Only) – The Postal Service will be offering a pictorial postmark to commemorate Thurman Maple Days on each Saturday during Maple Days from 10am till 2:00pm. Local crafters will also be set up in Town Hall for the 1st annual Maple Days Craft Fair!
- Saturday – March 11th
- Sunday – March 12th
- Saturday – March 18th
- Sunday – March 19th
- Saturday – March 25th
- Sunday – March 26th
Looking for a place to stay? We have tons of Lake George hotels to choose from.