March 3 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
This winter, your moment of imagination, exploration, and magic awaits at Ice Castles in Lake George!
Tickets for the 2023 season go on sale November 28, and will be sold online. Ice Castles New York is re-opening Wednesday, February 22. They plan to be open for the rest of February and March 2, 3, 4 & 5.
Ice Castles is an awe-inspiring, must-see winter phenomenon that brings fairy tales to life. This winter, escape into an icy wonderland at The Festival Commons in beautiful Lake George, New York. Lake George, New York is one of only five locations across the United States. Each castle is approximately an acre in size and consists of more than 25 million pounds of ice.
Below are Ice Castles Activities for the 2023 season!
- Crawl Tunnels – Squeeze through passageways just large enough for children and adults who are adventurous enough to crawl.
- Arctic Alcove – Book a VIP experience in a private alcove within the castle, perfect for proposals or other special occasions.
- Ice Caverns and Archways – Explore ice caverns and get lost in a frozen maze where wonder awaits around every turn.
- Ice Slides – Squeal with delight as you race down one of our exhilarating ice slides designed for all ages.
- Ice Bar – Belly up to a frosty ice bar and order a winter-themed alcoholic beverage that you can enjoy while you chill out in the coolest place in town.
- Snow Igloo Village – Within our frozen fortress, walk through our village of snow igloos and discover surprises and whimsical snow features inside.
- Mystic Light Walk – Take a leisurely 5-10 minute stroll along a path completely illuminated in the magical glow of winter and lights.
Features are weather dependent, and may be temporarily closed or unavailable due to weather.
The experience is built entirely by hand using hundreds of thousands of icicles, grown, sculpted, and hand-placed by professional ice artists. The castles include breathtaking LED-lit sculptures, frozen thrones, ice-carved tunnels, caverns, slides, and fountains. By day, this frozen fortress glimmers a natural glacial blue. At night, color-changing lights embedded inside the ice twinkle and dance to whimsical music. The one-of-a-kind, award-winning winter attraction takes a team of 20-40 ice artisans approximately 8-weeks to construct, and is only open as long as Mother Nature permits. Each day, the ice artisans harvest and place between 5,000-12,000 icicles. The icicles are then sprayed with water, and the process is repeated until the ice reaches heights around 15-30 feet. The blend of icicle placement, varying temperatures, and wind result in an ever-changing variety of ice-formations.
Since 2011, Ice Castles has been dedicated to creating an experience that will live on long after the ice melts. The company’s mission to create joy, magic, and a sense of wonder grew from a father’s love. The concept for Ice Castles was created when founder, Brent Christensen, attempted to build an ice cave for his children in front of their Utah home. The family had just moved from sunny California to snowy Utah, and Christensen wanted to bring the magic of winter to his children. The project turned into a winter hit, drawing crowds of people from all across town who came out to visit and tour his icy creation. Ice Castles has since turned into an internationally renowned tourist attraction.
Holiday Pricing is the same as weekend pricing (January 16, February 20-24)
Tickets MAY be available on-site if Ice Castles is not sold out. On-site prices are subject to higher rates. For guaranteed entry and the lowest price, buy tickets online in advance.
Ticket sales are final. Tickets are nonrefundable and non-transferable to another person. Dates and times may be changed as long as changes are made at least 24 hours in advance. Please take this into considerations if there is inclement weather imminent or if you have a sudden change of circumstances.
Photo Credit (pictures below): Kacey O’Brien – Warren County Tourism