Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge at the Sagamore
January 20 @ 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The 2023 Glacier Ice Bar will open to overnight guests, and non-hotel guests who pre-purchased tickets.
The Glacier Ice Bar and Lounge, also known as the Sagamore Ice Bar, brings not one, but two swanky weekends of ice-cold fun to guests and locals alike! The centerpiece is the frozen bar, expertly carved from 18,000 pounds of crystal-clear ice. Guests are welcome to belly up to the bar and enjoy a frosty cocktail. A variety of signature, winter-inspired cocktails will be served.
The theme for 2023 is Arctic Wild so you can expect to see polar bears, igloos, and penguins!
Glacier Ice bar Activities from 2023:
- Tundra Lounge – Serving handcrafted specialty cocktails like the Snowshoe, Glacier Cosmo,
- Comfort Zone – Serving warm cocktails, mocktails, and food like: England Clam Chowder, Hearty Chicken Corn Chowder, and Pot & Kettle Winter Chili.
- Outdoor igloos will be available to rent – Contact La Bella Vita at 518-743-6101 to reserve. Do not wait as these fill fast! They can seat up to 8 people and are rented in 2.5 hour increments.
- Nightly Bonfires
- Ice Carving Demonstrations – Both Saturdays at 12pm
- “Grown Up Olympics”- Saturdays, including prizes for first, second, and third place finishers! Games start at 1:00pm and end at 3:00pm.
- Cake Decorating Contest – 3:00pm ($20 entry fee)
- The Spa – Open for pampering. Book appointments in advance.
- DJ Andy Pratt on the Shelving Rock Terrace
- Fireworks on Friday and Saturday night at 9:45pm!
Need some food to compliment those drinks from the ice bar? Head into La Bella Vita for hors-d’oeuvres and authentic Italian specialties. With good vibes and music in the air, you’ll most likely forget all about the cold. If your gloves and boots aren’t up to snuff, head for Caldwell’s Lounge inside The Sagamore Resort and take a seat by the blazing fireplace until you warm up. There will be some winter-inspired hors-d’oeuvres on the ice bar menu.
So bundle up, grab your friends and family, and join us at The Sagamore for The Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge for two weekends in January!
*Please remember, the Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge is weather permitting.
This is an event worthy of staying for the whole weekend! Make sure you browse the many Lake George hotels that are open in winter.
Want a first-hand look at the Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge? Read our blog!
Did you know this isn’t the only ice bar in the Lake George Area? Check out our list of the most amazing ice bars in Lake George!