- From the south, Route 87 North (NYS Thruway) to Exit 24 at Albany. At Albany continue north on Route 87 (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 18–26.
- From the north, Route 87 South (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 26–18.
- From the west, Route 90 East (NYS Thruway) Exit 24 to Albany. At Albany continue north on Route 87 (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 18–26.
- From the east, Route 90 West (NYS Thruway) Exit 24 to Albany. At Albany continue north on Route 87 (Adirondack Northway) to Exits 18–26.
The Albany Airport is 50 miles south of the Lake George Area. Car rentals and bus service are available. Some area lodging properties provide shuttle service.
- Albany Airport—518-242-2200
- Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport—518-792-5995
- Rich Air, full-service FBO—518-798-3091
Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport, Queensbury. Private planes and charters. 518-798- 3091. Prearranged car rentals are available, area hotels may offer shuttle service.
- A-1 Express —518-793-0888
- Enterprise —518-745-5020
- Hertz —518-792-8525
AMTRAK® (800-872-7245) serves New York City to Monreal with daily stops in Fort Edward, about 20 minutes from the Lake George Area. Car rentals, taxi and Greater Glens Falls Transit System shuttles are available from the station. To schedule a pickup on the GGFT shuttles, please call 518-792-1085, 48 hours prior to arrival. Additionally, seasonal connections from the Saratoga Springs AMTRAK® Station to North Creek, aboard the Saratoga and North Creek Railway. 877-726-7245 or sncrr.com for schedules & ticket information.
Adirondack Trailways and Greyhound maintain a regular schedule to the Lake George Area.